When We Are Closed
If you fall ill when the practice is closed and you think that the problem needs attention before the practice re-opens you have four options:
If you are in need of telephone advice or if you want general health information call NHS Direct on 111.
2)Out of hours GP service
Only for URGENT problems which normally would be dealt with by your GP or the practice team please phone the surgery where your call will be automatically diverted to the out-of-hours service. Alternatively you can dial direct on 0300 7900 247.
3)Minor Injuries Departments
· Sprains/strains and minor fractures
· Skin cuts/scalds/infections
· Morning after pill
· Ear/chest/throat and water infections
· Minor head injuries
· Eye problems
Please do not use for general prescription purposes.
4) Accident and Emergency Departments
A & E departments are trained and equipped to deal with serious and life threatening illnesses and injuries. For all other problems please use the other services available!
There are A&E departments at
· Good Hope Hospital, Sutton Coldfield
· Queens Hospital, Burton-on-Trent
· Walsall Manor Hospital, Walsall
· Stafford General District Hospital, Stafford
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.