ONLINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING SUSPENDED.
Please do not attend the surgery to book a GP/Nurse appointment. Contact the surgery via the telephone, your request will be triaged by a GP/Nurse. Thankyou for your assistance at this difficult time for the NHS.
Accessible Information Standard
All organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must follow the accessible information standard by law by 31st July 2016.
The aim of the accessible information standard is to make sure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss get information that they can access and understand, and any communication support that they need.
As part of the accessible information standard, organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must do five things. They must:
- Ask people if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs.
- Record those needs clearly and in a set way.
- Highlight or flag the person’s file or notes so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and how to meet those needs
- Share information about people’s information and communication needs with other providers of NHS and adult social care, when they have consent or permission to do so.
- Take steps to ensure that people receive information which they can access and understand, and receive communication support if they need it.
If you need any of the information we send out to you in an alternative format (e.g. large print or easy read) or if you need help with communication with us (e.g. use British sign language or are hard of hearing) then please let us know to enable your records to be updated. You can telephone us on 01543 682611