Flu clinics for 65's and over.
We are now booking clinics for patients aged 65 and over, you are eligible for the vaccine if you'll be aged 65 or over on 31 March 2020, (that is, you were born on or before 31 March 1955).
Clinics available from 5th September 2019, please telephone the surgery to book.
We will be booking appointments for under 65's in October when we have confirmed delivery dates of the vaccine.
Eligibility for under 65's includes: Pregnancy; chronic disease (Asthma/COPD/Diabetes/Heart disease/liver or neurological disease); immunosuppressed; morbidly obese.
Carers and those in contact with immunosuppressed individuals are also eligible for a free flu vaccine.
Accessible Information Standard
All organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must follow the accessible information standard by law by 31st July 2016.
The aim of the accessible information standard is to make sure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss get information that they can access and understand, and any communication support that they need.
As part of the accessible information standard, organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must do five things. They must:
- Ask people if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs.
- Record those needs clearly and in a set way.
- Highlight or flag the person’s file or notes so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and how to meet those needs
- Share information about people’s information and communication needs with other providers of NHS and adult social care, when they have consent or permission to do so.
- Take steps to ensure that people receive information which they can access and understand, and receive communication support if they need it.
If you need any of the information we send out to you in an alternative format (e.g. large print or easy read) or if you need help with communication with us (e.g. use British sign language or are hard of hearing) then please let us know to enable your records to be updated. You can telephone us on 01543 682611