Clinics & Services
At the Salters Meadow Centre we offer a wide range of services.
- Asthma, healthy heart and diabetes monitoring clinics - run by the nurses to help you achieve the best possible contol of your condition
- Blood pressure (prevention/follow up)
- Family planning - This is a confidential service for all including teenagers. There are also Community Family Planning Clinics for the under 25s, please see Attached Services.
- Morning after pill - please ask for a call back from your GP or the Family Planning nurse and say: It is urgent! If you prefer you can book an urgent same day appointment with the Family Plannning nurse or the Advanced Nurse Practitioner. You can also get emergency contraception from your pharmacist or the Minor Injuries Unit at the Samuel Johnson Hospital in Lichfield.
- Sexual Health - The nurses do swabs for Chlamydia or unusual discharge. There are also Community Sexual Health Clinics you can attend, please see Attached Services.
- Warfarin monitoring - These clinics are to monitor and support patients on Warfarin.
- Maternity care - our midwive holds antenatal clinics Thursdays and Fridays.
- Cervical smears
- Menopausal advice
- Child health and child immunisation - the health visitors hold Well Baby Clinics every Wednesday from 9:30 -11.30am.
- Child development assessments/hearing tests
- Well person checks
- Lifestyle advice service Obtain free help and advice on Health, Diet and Exercise. Self referrals accepted.
- Alcohol advice
- Travel advice and vaccinations
- Flu vaccinations
- Phlebotomy (Blood tests) - every day before 11.30pm. If you need to fast take only water from 10pm the night before until your blood has been taken.